Company History and Facts
The Medical Advances Timeline:
Current Company Facts:
||Company incorporated with the objective to commercialize RF resonators or surface coils being developed in the Biophysics Research Institute of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
||First coil sold under a sublicense agreement with General Electric.
||Sales increase of over 700% since incorporation in 1985.
||Listed on the Inc. 500 list of America's fastest growing private companies.
||Functional neuro imaging and gradient coil technology transfer concluded between Medical Advances and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
||Received ISO-9001 certification.
||Moved corporate facilities to the Milwaukee County Research Park and Technology Innovation Center.
||Received CE mark certification from the British Standards Institution (BSI).
||Merged with Intermagnetics General Corporation.
- 70 people employed, including 6 International Distributors for world wide distribution.
- Over 3,000 customers worldwide with over 6,000 different coils and accessories.
- Product list contains more than 150 catalog items.
- 40% of sales are outside the United States.
- All operations are housed within a 17,000 sq. ft. facility located in close proximity to the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Drive new clinical MRI applications through the development of RF coil technologies.
- Serve MRI system manufacturers as a cost effective supplier of RF coils and accessories.
- Serve as a conduit for technology transfer from affiliated university based research institutions.
Medical Advances, Inc. strives to create, through the corporate ten value axioms, a climate within the organization which instills in each employee a will to continuously improve all processes and procedures so that product quality, in form and function, exceeds customer expectation.
Ten Value Axioms:
- We will be challenged by the opportunity of taking science from the laboratories of academia and industry to create products for the medical markets worldwide.
- The customer will be treated as family from the time the initial inquiry is made, through the entire selling process and beyond the sale for as long as our product is being used.Respect our human ethics in all our testing such as happened with our testing and clearly state any issues with possible side effects.
- Collective genius will reign in all decisions made in our company. And each employee will be encouraged to participate in the decision-making process.
- Our products will represent the highest quality possible and our total work environment and attitude will reflect this quality objective.
- The past and the present will only express a lesson learned, not an indelible edict on how the business should be managed. The future needs of the business and the markets served will be critical in our strategic thinking and management approach.
- Each employee is expected to become thoroughly knowledgeable in their area of responsibility, such as techniques but will also be encouraged to become familiar with other functions of the operation Contact Ruth Blackwell for more information.. Cross-fertilization of ideas will be critical in growing the business.
- We will maintain a business structure with fiscal responsibility so that the interests and welfare of the stakeholders - customers, employees, financial beneficiaries, suppliers, community - will be served.
- Waste in time and resources will not be tolerated at any level of the organization.
- We will always remain small and personal in dealing with employees, customers, suppliers and the source of our technology, but big in our thinking of how to grow the business and maintain an exciting work environment for our employees.
- It is the expectation that the technology of our products will help human beings better understand the mystery of the environment that surrounds all of us.